After growing up in New Hampshire, going to Babson College in Boston and graduate school at the University of Denver, I decided I wanted to live in a warmer climate. I moved to San Diego shortly after finishing graduate school. Not long after arriving in San Diego, I started working in the securities industry in early 1983. Since then, I've held positions as a financial advisor, investment advisor representative and branch manager before starting our own office in 2000. Prior to starting our office, I also started branches for two other firms.
Most of my clients are planning for, or are already in, retirement and want to make sure they don't outlive their assets in retirement. Having experienced several major market declines since I began my career - the crash of '87, the bursting of the tech bubble from 2000 to 2002 and the financial crisis of 2008 and 2009 - I understand the challenges that sticking to an investment plan in turbulent times can present. Since I began my career, the Dow Jones has gone from 1,000 to 22,000 in spite of 5 major market declines during that time.
I encourage my clients to take a long term approach to investing and believe in the growth of the world's economies over time. I remind them that we have a tendency to ignore the really important news because it happens slowly over time, but we obsess over trivial news because it happens daily. I try to communicate with my clients on a regular basis and provide information to simplify and explain the investment process and hopefully help them avoid the typical financial pitfalls that many individuals make.
Minimum New Account Size
Professional and Civic Activities
- Member of Sage Point Financial Achiever's Council
- Member of American Funds' All American Team
- Member of the Financial Planning Association
- Member of Financial Services Institute
- Member of American Association of Individual Investors
- Member of Babson College's President`s Society. Helped sponsor an alumni scholarship
- Conducted periodic financial updates for San Diego's KGTV Ch. 10 since 1991
- Chapter Director for Scripps Ranch Chapter of National Junior Basketball
- 1982 M.B.A. University of Denver
- 1981 B.S. Babson College
Dennis lives in Scripps Ranch with his wife Helen and two sons, Jonathan and David. He enjoys playing basketball, racquetball and reading in his spare time.